330 policemen grumble over unpaid Osun election allowance
Download the Assessment Poll App today on Google Play Store.
No fewer than 330 police operatives have expressed dissatisfaction over the non-payment of their allowances for work done during the July 16 Osun governorship polls.
The operatives are attached to the State Criminal Investigation Bureau, Osun Command, Explosive Ordinance Disposal and Mobile Police 39 Base, Osogbo.
Some of them, who spoke with Sunday PUNCH in Osogbo, disclosed that the Force Headquarters in Abuja was in charge of the payment and had paid other personnel deployed from other commands for the same duty apart from those from the state.
The affected operatives, however, urged the Inspector General of Police to launch an enquiry into the circumstances surrounding the non-payment of their entitlement.
One of the affected personnel, who pleaded anonymity during an interview, said, “One hundred and forty officers from the State Investigation Bureau, 30 from Explosive Ordinance Disposal, and about 160 Mobile Police officers from MOPOL 39 Base, Osogbo, have not been paid our allowance.
“Our other colleagues that came from other commands and units for the election have been paid. We hope IGP would look into it and pay us like others. It is almost 10 weeks now that the election held.”
When contacted, the Force Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said those that were entitled to payment for Osun poll had been paid, adding that those that had not been paid should ask their different commanders why their names were not sent to the headquarters.
Adejobi, in a text message to our correspondent, said, “Those who were entitled to the payment for Osun State governorship election have been paid. We don’t have them on the list for which approval was given, and since their respective commanders did not send their names when we were preparing the budget, they were not captured.
“So, we are neither indebted to anyone nor responsible for their non-payment; they should ask their commanders why their names were not sent to the Force Headquarters as requested.”